Old 23-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Registered User

Default what plant is that?

What plant is that?
What manure is suitable for it?
How to take care it?
Why it can be so light green? Is it because of suitable manure? I saw some of the plant is dark green. Why?
Attached Thumbnails
what plant is that?-2011-01-23%252023.12.27.jpg
Old 23-01-2011, 06:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On 23/01/2011 11:34 AM, M@gd@ wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 15:25:25 +0000, in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, jimmy6
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... What plant is that?
... What manure is suitable for it?
... How to take care it?
... Why it can be so light green? Is it because of suitable manure? I saw
... some of the plant is dark green. Why?

Ericaceae.

=====
It sounds much better in French, but then, everything does.

Common name: Rosemary. Good looking, and good stuff. Beware of
over-watering.

Wolf K.
Old 23-01-2011, 06:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 13:04:49 -0500, Wolf K
wrote:

On 23/01/2011 11:34 AM, M@gd@ wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 15:25:25 +0000, in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, jimmy6
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... What plant is that?
... What manure is suitable for it?
... How to take care it?
... Why it can be so light green? Is it because of suitable manure? I saw
... some of the plant is dark green. Why?

Ericaceae.

=====
It sounds much better in French, but then, everything does.

Common name: Rosemary. Good looking, and good stuff. Beware of
over-watering.

Wolf K.

I am confused. Is it related or what?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosemary
Old 23-01-2011, 06:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

On 23/01/2011 11:34 AM, M@gd@ wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 15:25:25 +0000, in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, jimmy6
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... What plant is that?
... What manure is suitable for it?
... How to take care it?
... Why it can be so light green? Is it because of suitable manure? I saw
... some of the plant is dark green. Why?

Ericaceae.

=====
It sounds much better in French, but then, everything does.

Common name: Rosemary. Good looking, and good stuff. Beware of
over-watering.

Wolf K.

I am confused. Is it related or what?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosemary

Actually I don't think it's an ericaceae plant (ie, an erica or
heather). The picture looks like a rosemary to me. Kinda small pic, wish
it were bigger (a lot of programs resize pictures for e-mailing and
posting, I wish people would turn that "feature" off.)

But I could be wrong, it's happened before. :-)

Also around December, a lot places sell rosemary bushes in pots, trimmed
to look like miniature Christmas trees. This looks like one of those.

HTH
Wolf K.
Old 24-01-2011, 12:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"M@gd@" wrote ...

Wolf K arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

.... joevan wrote:
.... Wolf Kwrote:
.... M@gd@ wrote:
.... jimmy6 arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:
.... ...
.... ... What plant is that?
.... ... What manure is suitable for it?
.... ... How to take care it?
.... ... Why it can be so light green? Is it because of suitable
manure? I saw
.... ... some of the plant is dark green. Why?
.... Ericaceae.
.... =====
.... It sounds much better in French, but then, everything does.
.... Common name: Rosemary. Good looking, and good stuff. Beware of
.... over-watering.
.... Wolf K.
.... I am confused. Is it related or what?
.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosemary
.... Actually I don't think it's an ericaceae plant (ie, an erica or
.... heather). The picture looks like a rosemary to me. Kinda small pic, wish
.... it were bigger (a lot of programs resize pictures for e-mailing and
.... posting, I wish people would turn that "feature" off.)
.... But I could be wrong, it's happened before. :-)
.... Also around December, a lot places sell rosemary bushes in pots, trimmed
.... to look like miniature Christmas trees. This looks like one of those.

I had one of those, it would get gazillions of small pink flowers in spring
and summer.
The translation I've found for bruyère is Ericaceae, but there are 800
species of it.

Doesn't look like either a Heather or a Rosemary to me, more like a small
conifer.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 24-01-2011, 06:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

... joevan wrote:
... Wolf Kwrote:
... M@gd@ wrote:
... jimmy6 arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:
... ...
... ... What plant is that?
... ... What manure is suitable for it?
... ... How to take care it?
... ... Why it can be so light green? Is it because of suitable
manure? I saw
... ... some of the plant is dark green. Why?
... Ericaceae.
... =====
[...]

That seems to be it. I thought something was off.
Old 24-01-2011, 09:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

What plant is that?

Not sure. My first thought was a juvenile Cypress or Juniper.
Erica not Ericaceae, that means Erica family which includes many plants
such as Arbutus and Rhododendron not just Erica, which this may be.

Has it ever bloomed?

What manure is suitable for it?
How to take care it?
Why it can be so light green? Is it because of suitable manure? I saw
some of the plant is dark green. Why?

You need to identify the plant, which can't be done from your picture.
Take it to a nursery or botanical garden.
Even if we decided that it was an Erica we would need to know the
species because there are lime loving and lime hating Ericas and the
wrong soil would produce the light green leaves.
If it is a Rosemary it might need more light or it might be a variegated
variety - not likely, the leaves are wrong for Rosemary
If it is a Cypress or Juniper it needs more light.
--
Monterey, California
USDA Zone 9
Old 13-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Drobium's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Bedworth ,Warwickshire
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy6 View Post
What plant is that?
What manure is suitable for it?
How to take care it?
Why it can be so light green? Is it because of suitable manure? I saw some of the plant is dark green. Why?
I think it's a Cupressocyparis Macrocarpa Goldcrest, a type of conifer.

These are useful for pots or the border in full sun or dappled shade and will get up to a height of 15 foot if you let them, but they can be clipped to shape and 'topiarised'.

They are fine in most ordinary garden soils but prefer a good rich open soil that retains moisture.

If you want to grow it in a pot, use a good 'tree and shrub' compost and a general slow release food.
They are big drinkers and absolutely hate to dry out, so make sure the soil is always moist.

The only other thing to bear in mind is that they are not totally hardy and will only tolerate temperature of -4'c to -6'c for short periods, anything lower will kill them.
So if frost is forecast, make sure they are either brought undercover and out of the cold, or fleece them.
__________________
Yay! it's spring!
Old 13-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Drobium's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Bedworth ,Warwickshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy6 View Post
What plant is that?
What manure is suitable for it?
How to take care it?
Why it can be so light green? Is it because of suitable manure? I saw some of the plant is dark green. Why?
Oh and it's probably two different shades of green due to being in the dark on one side and the sun on the other, a problem caused by being on shop shelves for too long away from naural light.
The colours will even out back to a nice golden green colour once back in the sun.
Yay! it's spring!