Old 15-05-2011, 09:47 PM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathateria View Post
I have just put in a wildlife pond,and I am looking at a blank area of soil behind it.Are there any shrubs that will look nice,as a back drop to a pond? Something that wont shed too much,and that the flowers are safe for frogs and any other creatures that want a drink.Thanks
Buddlia perhaps? Open to suggestions.
Hi Kathateria, Personally, I would be inclined to plant something that is evergreen, otherwise you risk the autumn leaves falling in the pond which can cause problems as they break down in the water using valuable oxygen in doing so. Also, something evergreen will surely look more pleasing over a longer period ? As to what you use, I think thats a matter of personal preference ? but avoid anything that drops lots of leaves or petals ie, Camellia
Lannerman