Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
linda mar

Default pots in aquarium

Hi Kush..

thank you for replying...

2. how shallow can these containers be?

Not sure I understand. Just deep enough to hold your plants and planting
medium?

I was thinking about buying one of those clear plastic plant saucers (they
sell for about $0.50ea at local hardware store, etc) that is about 1-1.5"
deep and using them in lieu of real pots...

3. do I need to punch any holes in the bottom of the containers?

Usually I do, but sometimes I don't. Obviously water circulation is

better
if you do but, on the other hand, their easier to move around if you

don't.
Experiment.

okay!

5. can you do this with larger plants like amazon sword plants, etc?

Yes and, actually, those are exactly the sort of plants I do use pots for.
Amazons are heavy root feeders - by confining them in pots I can provide
fertilizer spikes, without having them leach away into the rest of the

tank,
and special planting medium, such as peat moss.

how deep is your pot for amazon swords?

linda