Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default saw snails on plants in LFS, how to get rid?

Great, thanx Jason!

"Jason Judkins" wrote in message
When you buy the plants, dip them a few times in a salt water solution

(like
26% salinity (i.e. reef tank conditions)) then rinse the plants off... The
salt will kill the snails pretty quickly, and won't hurt the plant at all.
My LFS does this for me when I buy the plant... ask them to do it for you,
they shouldn't have a problem with it.

-Jason

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message
I came a ccross this LFS that had some really beautiful plants in them!

But
they have a slight snail problem. How can I buy the plants and ensure

that
no eggs (do they lay eggs?) will be left on the leaves when I manually

pick
the snails off? Is there a snailacide or a disinfectant? I know that

clown
loaches eat snails but I've seen them eat chunks from some plants in

this
newsgroup, and I don't have room for the tykes anyways.

Thanx!! Dave.