Old 22-05-2011, 08:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
KOS KOS is offline

Default Dwarf Japanese Maple trunt split from heavy snow

Ive got a Dwarf Japanese maple that has its trunk split from the heavy
snowfall from winter. An arborist says it will be 400 dollars to cable
it and put a few screws in it.. It will cost me 150 to buy a
replacement...
I am not familiar with screws to trees etc... Will this fix the tree?
He says Japanese maple dont have much disease so I shouldnt have any
problems,
Any one experiene this before, any advice would be helpful