Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Optis

Default plant disease???

I hope someone can help me with a problem I'm having in my 90 Gallon.
I've had my tank set up for 4 months now...everything was going great.

Until all of a sudden my jungle val started to turn brown and rot. I
figured since it was the only plant having trouble, it wasnt a big deal.
That was a month ago. It is still alive with 3 leaves.
Now in my tank so far my Java moss, Amazon Sword, Amazon Spear and red tiger
lotus seem to be ok.
The problem that I am having with the browning and rotting leaves is
trasnferring to my Java Fern and Hygro. My PH is a little high...7.2. But
everything else is ok.
It hasnt become too much of a problem yet...but it appears to be spreading
by touch.
The leaves start out with patches of brown,...then they start to rot.
Any ideas would be appreciated...thanks.
OPTIMISTIK