Old 22-05-2011, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Garlic question

On May 22, 9:45*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
"Wally" wrote in message

... When should garlic be lifted ?, I've got some growing
and looks good from the top, the leaves are starting to
turn brown, they where planted last November.
This evening I dug down around a couple of them and
they don't seem to be filling out very well.
Am I too early or have I done something wrong. ??

Wally

I grew some year before last, IIRC, I lifted it in the autumn. Still using
it

Pete C

You can use it now, you dont have to let it bulb up, you can use it
green.
Green garlic is actually regular garlic that is picked a little
earlier, at its younger stage. Its leaves are green, and it is not so
pungent, though very special