Old 23-05-2011, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Water-pipe under path

"Timothy Murphy" wrote

I would like to get a 1/2in plastic pipe (for watering)
under the 3ft 6in wide granite-slab pathway in my front-garden.

Is there any clever way of doing this?
I don't want to lift the slabs,
which I assume have been there for 150 years.

I have used a larger bore rigid plastic pipe to drill under a path to lay
electric cable from one side to another. Might work for you but depends on
the situation. I cut sharp points like saw teeth onto one end of the pipe
and a hole through the other end to take a "T" piece for a grip then
gradually pushed it through rotating it as it went to cut through the soil,
you have to pull it back to clear the earth out every now and then. Luckily
there were no large stones.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden