Old 24-05-2011, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Bluetits again

The box for the last week or so has been like a High Street. Both the birds
working from very early to late, in and out, with food in and sacs out.

A few more questions from an arm chair bird watcher. (I don't have to go
out!!)

Will the chicks appear at the hole before flying? Being nosey and wanting to
know what is outside!!

Once they leave, 'they', but I don't know how many there are, will they all
leave at once and am I correct in saying that once they have gone ..........
they have gone?

The reason for the last question is that we are going to have cavity
insulation fitted and I have put them off until the birds have gone,
considering the nest is under the veranda and so close to the house
http://www.myalbum.com/Album=MUKLG34Q

Thanks for the help

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Well the box was quiet for days but activity started again yesterday.
Loads more nest building material going in.

A few questions to the experts please.

Could they have started to lay eggs yet and the moss etc going in, being
used to keep the eggs warm?
A bird came to the hole yesterday, looked in, didn't go in, BUT, there was
the quivering wing action of a young bird. Could this be a fledgling from
another nest? Already?
And what is the Bluetits, 'safety zone'? The nestbox is 12 feet away from
me with the doors open, my wife has been backwards and forwards to within
6 feet of it whilst gardening, and the birds have taken no notice at all!!
How 'near' would be danger?

Now one for you to laugh at. I have the radio on all the time, Classifm so
there is a lot of music + the stupid adverts. Farmers have put music in
milking parlours. Is music a 'soothing' influence to birds as well?

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.