Old 24-05-2011, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
Mike Coon[_2_] Mike Coon[_2_] is offline

Default Bluetits again

'Mike' wrote:
Once they leave, 'they', but I don't know how many there are, will
they all leave at once and am I correct in saying that once they have
gone .......... they have gone?

I don't think the chicks ever go back in once left. But some might stay
overnight after the bravest have left. And the parents might take a while
before they are convinced the box is empty and so keep visiting.

Mike (whose nest box only has dead chicks in now).
--
If reply address is (invalid), remove spurious "@"
and substitute "plus" for +.