Old 25-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Drobium's Avatar
Drobium Drobium is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedworth ,Warwickshire
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayneB View Post
Hiya I have some Trailing Verbena that I intend to plant in wire sided hanging baskets and wall baskets. I was wondering do I plant into the top of the basket or should I plant them through the wire spaces in the top row.

Many thanks for any advise.
A normal sized hanging basket, say....14" , I'd plant two tiers around the sides, with three plants on each tier and then another three in the top planted nearer to the centre than the edge.

This will give you spectacular results, and if you pinch all the tips off of the verbena after planting, they'll bush out and give you alot more flowers!
Yay! it's spring!