Old 25-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Registered User

Default How to plant Trailing Verbena

Hiya I have some Trailing Verbena that I intend to plant in wire sided hanging baskets and wall baskets. I was wondering do I plant into the top of the basket or should I plant them through the wire spaces in the top row.

Many thanks for any advise.
Old 25-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayneB View Post
Hiya I have some Trailing Verbena that I intend to plant in wire sided hanging baskets and wall baskets. I was wondering do I plant into the top of the basket or should I plant them through the wire spaces in the top row.

Many thanks for any advise.
Hi JayneB, I would suggest that you plant into the top of the basket around the edge and also in the centre and train some stems up the chains as well, that will give you a very 'full' looking basket.
lannerman
Old 25-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Drobium's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Bedworth ,Warwickshire
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayneB View Post
Hiya I have some Trailing Verbena that I intend to plant in wire sided hanging baskets and wall baskets. I was wondering do I plant into the top of the basket or should I plant them through the wire spaces in the top row.

Many thanks for any advise.
A normal sized hanging basket, say....14" , I'd plant two tiers around the sides, with three plants on each tier and then another three in the top planted nearer to the centre than the edge.

This will give you spectacular results, and if you pinch all the tips off of the verbena after planting, they'll bush out and give you alot more flowers!
Yay! it's spring!