Old 23-03-2011, 02:33 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Rodney Pont[_7_] Rodney Pont[_7_] is offline

Default RCD Tripping

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 17:02:23 EDT, Peter wrote:

Hi all, I am hoping we have some electrician/ponders lurking about,
because since I started bringing my pond out of winter mode and turning
on the pumps etc, the spur that provides the electricity has been
interminantly tripping at the RCD. It seems to be getting worse and
sometimes its even tripping with no devices attached.
Is there any easy way to check what might be causing the problem armed
only with a multimeter? Even if I end up calling in an electrician it
would be nice to know if they are doing the right things.

Had this on ours a few years ago. Turned out to be rodents chewing the
cable and the solution was to replace it.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont
e-mail rpont (at) gmail (dot) com