Old 26-05-2011, 04:17 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Rain rain go away

Nad R wrote:

Rain Rain go away
Come back another day
Nad wants to play in his garden

Three days of rain coming.... Argggggg....

yeah, looks like you got the worser of it
today. we did get some rain (further north
and west of you).

Tuesday was a nice day out, i managed to
get a lot done. the strawberry patch is all
set, the everbearing plants are now in (for
variety), the beans are all planted on the
tulip hill and around the perimeter (to keep
the strawberries from running inwards -- this
worked well last year). it looks like a nice
crop if i can get the berries to harvest time.

i was hoping to get out today to get one
garden ready and planted. the forecast said
rain after 3pm -- rain started about 11am. ha!

four bins from the worm farm are ready to
go to their gardens. only two gardens are
ready. cool rainy weather will be perfect for
that sort of garden tinkering. probably messy
too, but hey, we like a good mud pie.

yesterday was also the first run of making
charcoal. not sure i will do it again. too
hard on my lungs if there's any drifts of
smoke. still was interesting and fun. i've
always liked fires. a little more study and
perhaps some engineering and tinkering eventually.
we shall see...

how's moomoo?

songbird