Old 26-05-2011, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
Dave Hall Dave Hall is offline

Default Bluetits again

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Mike Coon" wrote in message
o.uk...
'Mike' wrote:
Thanks for the good information, but what happened to your chicks? Any
survive and leave?

Unfortunately I don't know, but I suspect not. I haven't emptied the nest

Very sad after all the work they put in.

snip
As a matter of interest, what do you do with the corpses? The nesting
material can go in the compost heap, but the corpses would attract Rats.
Only asking if we have the same result :-(( We don't bonfire so that is
out, we shred everything possible, no answer there, and obnoxious weeds go
in the dustbin. Maybe that will be the answer.

Mike
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

In 2005 all my chicks died. I decided to put them out on the lawn to see
who or what would be interested. You can see the video and read the diary
on Page three, he-
http://www.daviv.com/bird_box_diary_2005_page_three.htm

The five chicks that have hatched this year are almost ready to fledge.
Details in this year's diary.

Dave

--
It is very strange, and very melancholy,
that the paucity of human pleasures