Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Flandry

Default CF light - allglass or CL aqualight?

I'm a bit behind on the Blog section. I've been keeping notes and taking
photos, but I haven't gotten around to coding & uploading.

Here's a second to the motion that you do that. I found it very
interesting, and was a bit disappointed it ended so long ago.

Have you considered AH Supply? They only have 55w fixtures, not 65, but their
reflectors are excellent, much better than All-Glass.

My double 55W retrofit kit from AH is on it's way as of today, in
spite of Leigh's suggestions i go with the shoplights and glass
canopy. I'll let you know how it works out for me if you like... I'm
planning on retrofitting an All-Glass deluxe hood (gutting the
single-bulb 48" light strip and putting the two 55W PCs in its place).
I plan to document it on my web page at some point.

Leigh, after considering all the costs and weighing the tradeoffs, i
don't think CF is such a bad way to go. Well, i had to find out for
myself, anyway.