Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
E. Mito

Default USA - Mail order Flourite?

In article , Daniel Whiting
writes:

From: Daniel Whiting
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:05:52 -0800

I was looking for some and called up Big Al's.. Since I'm on the west
coast, it'd cost $14 extra in shipping for them to send it to me. I
luckily just found some at a LFS for $20.

I bought a couple of bags of Fluorite from Big Al's and wasn't pleased at all.
I, too, am on the west coast and not so lucky to find any at my LFS, so decided
to pay for the shipping which was very expensive (don't remember the exact
cost, but I think $14 sounds about right). The boxes I received were recycled
(one of them was a box once used for liquor) and both were nearly in tatters
when I received them. One box had broken open; luckily the Fluorite was still
in it and the plastic bag was intact. I emailed them to let them know of my
dissatisfaction and they did not even bother to reply.

Drs. Foster & Smith, on the other hand, has never failed to satisfy me. The
one problem I had with them was with a bottle of Flourish that had opened and
leaked. However, they packaged it very nicely, bagging each bottle (I bought
two) with a ziploc to prevent any leakage through the box. When I wrote to
them about this, they were very gracious and apologetic, and immediately
shipped another bottle out to me free of charge.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm