Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
CichlidGeek

Default Banana plant

Yeah, I also got a couple of BIG leaves. This plant it lovely!
When I bought it I was told that those green babanas are the roots. Now I
see that it wasn't right. The plants grew so many "normal" white long roots
like any other plant.
Do you have the same?

Cheers,
CichlidGeek
Visit my aqua website at www.cichlidgeek.da.ru
Remove word "REMOVE" from email if you want to send me email.

"wigwack" wrote in message
Oh gawd, mine was relentless at sending out those things when I first got
it.
As I understand it, it's trying to reach for the surface, like a lily or
something. So I kept cutting those things off, until finally I gave up

and
I let one grow to see what happened. Well, it wasn't that spectacular,

and
it was annoying if I had to catch a fish or something, so I cut it back,

and
I haven't had another one since. Now it seems to put effort into the
underwater leaves...which are BIG and really nice now.

"CichlidGeek" wrote in message
. ..
I have two banana plants and one of them grew two long (~20 inch) stems

with
a leaf at the end.
I was just wondering if I need to cut these stems and plant them

separately.
Will they grow?
Does anyone have any experience doing that?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
CichlidGeek
Visit my aqua website at www.cichlidgeek.da.ru
Remove word "REMOVE" from email if you want to send me email.