Old 07-11-2010, 04:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default Time to repot my Jade Plant?

On 11/6/2010 12:52 AM, Steve wrote:

What do you think? Is it time to repot my Jade Plant?

Naw, just kidding. It's in a 3 inch pot and the trunk isn't even 2
inches in diameter yet.

Steve

Hi to all who replied,
I sent a reply to joevan's first message (about it needing to be
repotted at the dump). I don't see it anywhere. Let me repeat and add
some more. Actually, it's in my sent box so I'll copy:
"Of course, I wasn't really looking for advice. I just wanted to share
the absurdity of the thing.
None the less, I think your suggestion is excellent. :-)

Steve "

Does anyone see that posted here the first time?

The picture shows it hanging from a piece of twine. I'm not really
growing it that way, I just put it up there for the picture, since it
can't possibly stand up on it's own.

So how did I grow it if it can't stand up? Well, someone gave it to me
several (10?) years ago. I didn't really want it. I placed it's little
pot on top of the soil of a potted hibiscus plant. The Jade plant grew
up and used the branches of the hibiscus for support.

I've been wanting to separate the 2 tangled plants and take a picture of
the Jade for a few years. It looks so ridiculous in that little pot. The
decision was pushed along when, last week, I moved something next to it
and the whole combo plant fell off its shelf. It didn't make it all the
way to the floor, but it ended up hanging upside down with the Jade
Plant falling about half way out. I held it upside down and finished the
separation. In the accident, several parts of the Jade Plant broke off,
so the plant was actually even bigger than what the picture shows.

Steve