Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Stuart Mueller

Default cloudy water, brown algae on walls

"Sushil Prasad" wrote in message
Cloudy water is white. After doing few research on the internet i think

the
problem is bacteria boom. Two things that i did and i believe had caused
this. 1. I had a new filter installed, 2. I moved some plants therefore
gravel
was stired.
I am taking following precautions.
1. Changed 20% water and removed any decaying food and plants from water.
Will again change water in about 1
day. The last change did reduce cloudiness of the water.
2. Reduded feeding to fish.
3. need to add aquarium salt ( i dont have any). Can i add table salt.

Sushil

snip

No don't add table salt, aquarium salt is cheap enough to not justify using
table salt