Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Jody

Default Snails

If you saw "a couple", and they are ramshorn, you will soon have many more.
Ramshorns are prolific breeders. Mine are pretty harmless.

Jody

"Stuart Mueller" wrote in message
. ..
Can anybody recommend what snails to have in my gourami tank. I am

thinking
trumpet snails. I want to avoid the apple snails as they sound like they

get
too big. As far as I've found out pond snails are a big no-no.

I think I have spotted a couple of Ramshorn snails in at the moment, I

took
one out yesterday, it had a dark brown shell in a tight curl, it wasn't
trumpet shaped but rather round and the snail was stuck to the front

glass.
However I have read that these relish hygrophilia, which I have quite a

bit
of =(

So the only other one I can get is trumpet, unless there is another type.

do
the trumpet snails eat algae, or left over food? I know they burrow

through
the substrate.

What would you recommend?

Thanks