Old 30-05-2011, 02:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nelly Nelly is offline

Default Black and Decker 18 Volt cordless string trimmer

"Freckles" wrote in message

I read the reviews about this trimmer on Amazon.com and found that even
though the trimmer was considered good the batteries weren't.

I have this trimmer and I like it very much, but the batteries are a pain.
They will not hold a charge any longer, and had very little power after the
first season of use.

I have found that if I put a battery in the trimmer, lock the on/off switch
on
and allow the machine to run until the battery is completely drained, then
give the battery a quick charge (2 hours) the machine works almost as good
as it did the first season.

However, for the best results the machine needs be used as soon after
charging the battery as possible

Freckles
You did discharge the batteries before storing them over winter, didn't you?
This is my 3rd season with the trimmer and I've had no problems, yet.... If
I do I'll keep your advice in mind. Thanks