Old 30-05-2011, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default The rain it's still a raining

In message , David Rance
writes
On Mon, 30 May 2011 Sacha wrote:

Checked at 10am and we had had 0.85 inches and it's still raining, no
way I'll be able to get on the ground to get the dahlias planted for a
few days now.
Just when I had thought I would be able to get them planted earlier
than normal the weather wad to take a hand.
I've managed to get 50 of the tree dahlias planted but I still have
about 30 more to get planted then around 5'000 ordinary dahlias and
around 800 seedlings.
David Hill

I don't know how much we had here last night but it looks like a
goodish drop came down. How much it's done for the garden has yet to
be seen but as we've just planted a new Hosta bed, we're glad to see
even a little rain!

It hasn't got here yet! :-(

David

We're just above 50% of monthly average now.

--
hugh
common sense." Buddha