Old 30-05-2011, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default The rain it's still a raining

"Dave Hill" wrote ..

Checked at 10am and we had had 0.85 inches and it's still raining, no
way I'll be able to get on the ground to get the dahlias planted for a
few days now.
Just when I had thought I would be able to get them planted earlier
than normal the weather wad to take a hand.
I've managed to get 50 of the tree dahlias planted but I still have
about 30 more to get planted then around 5'000 ordinary dahlias and
around 800 seedlings.

You are all really annoying me now, we spent an hour and a half watering
today as usual. When I planted the tomatoes out yesterday the holes kept
falling in because the ground was so dry and powdery (it's clay/silt!!), not
much sign of moisture. It's drizzling now but it won't be enough to do
anything unless it gets heavier and keeps it up all night.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden