Old 31-05-2011, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Keep the water butt half full/empty?

On Tue, 31 May 2011 13:55:35 +0100, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

It is raining gently at the moment.
The lawn is still parched.
The water butt is full.

It has occurred to me that perhaps I should keep half emptying the water
butt and chucking the water on the grass so I don't waste the water coming
off the roof.

Any downside to this strategy?
[Apart from doing it whilst it is still raining.]

Cheers

Dave R

Do not "chuck". Water evenly for best effect in the appropriate order
of (1) veg, (2) young plants, (3) established plants and (4) lawn. In
relation to (1), there is an internal priority of course.

And give bunny something to drink

Actually, if it's only raining gently, watering can have a beneficial
effect. Something else that sounds daft, as do many things in life,
but ...

Jake