Old 01-06-2011, 06:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default here's one for ya billybob

On 6/1/2011 1:17 PM, songbird wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:
songbird wrote:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...mes-walmart-20...

interesting numbers in there.

Well, how kewl is that! These folks didn't get so rich by being stupid
-- merely greedy and exploitative.

you are letting your dislike of some
things get in the way of noticing how
huge a difference they have made so quickly.
did you even read the article and look at
the numbers cited?

in a few short years they've made some
real large changes. i think in spite of
all the other negatives they may have in
their business they do deserve recognition
for their efforts.

they will make a difference much larger
than many people who can't even be bothered
to sort their trash for recycling.

consider this, they are changing based
upon actual consumer demands right? isn't
this a good sign for the environment and
thus us people/consumers overall? i'd say
it is one of the bright spots because it
does show an actual shift in enough numbers
that the bigger society is changing too.

higher gas prices and actually having a
local product of distinction helps businesses
out in the face of more distant price
competition. wal-mart cannot out compete
the chinese restaurant we like or the
burger places we like or the local hardware
that came and got our lawnmower, sharpened
the blade and brought it back.

if i were a struggling business owner
i'd pay attention to what i wrote in that
last paragraph.

most people i hear who criticise business
owners have never actually run a business.
when i ask them how they would make their
living if they had to do it on their own
efforts and skills most people haven't a clue.

songbird

Everything is colored by his left wing thinking and class warfare.

I've done a few jobs required by Walmart that did not need to be done in
the area of safety. I think they are a very responsible Co.