Old 03-06-2011, 01:19 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Name that plant!

Higgs Boson wrote:
On Jun 2, 5:00 am, Pat Kiewicz wrote:
ma701ss said:

Hi,

I've spent the last month or so at weekends preparing my garden for

new
turf. The glyphosate obliterated everything including the grass and
comfry, which is great, however this cheeky "ivy type" plant (might
even be ivy but don't think so) keeps growing through even when
buried deep underground. It also grows up my garden wall. Little
bits of the root

"Glyphosate (Roundup, Touchdown, or equivalent) is a non-selective
herbicide with no soil activity. Any labeled crop can be planted
after fall or spring glyphosate application. Glyphosate should be
applied when plants
are actively growing and are at or beyond full bloom. Poor control
will result if plants are under stress, not actively growing, or
covered with dust."

http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/plantsci/weeds/w802w.htm

[....]

The downside of buying Roundup is empowering Monsanto -- a company
which I have no hesitation in labeling EVIL!

Glyphosate is out of its exclusive use patent so there are competitors
making it now, often much cheaper than Monsanto. It won't be called roundup
whcih is their trade name.