Old 03-06-2011, 12:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default here's one for ya billybob

Billy wrote:
songbird wrote:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...art-20110531,0,
5608647.story

interesting numbers in there.

Next thing you'll be telling me that Chevron is going green ;O)

haven't seen any news stories on that one
yet. if i do i'll pass it along.

Yes, what Wally World is doing is good, HOWEVER most of it seems to be
reducing their petroleum profile. It needs to be noted that the price of
petroleum is trending up. What Wally World has done is good Wally World,
but I think that it is only a coincide that it's good for the
environment.

if that is what it takes, Billy i'll consider
it still a win in a major way that wasn't
happening before.

Then as the person from Santa Monica pointed out, Wally
Worlds mega-stores impact on local business, local residents, and city
streets. Cutting waste: win/win

always.

Now if Wally World could buy produce and other goods locally, when
possible, that would save petroleum, and leave some of the profits
locally as well.

it's bound to happen eventually. petroleum at
$500/barrel at some point in the future. they'll
be excavating land-fills to get at the plastics/metals
for recycling. that's gonna be fun. probably a
bit past my time tho.

songbird