Old 04-06-2011, 05:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default What Plant is this and can i cut it back

hiphopnrap writes:

FarmI;925533 Wrote:
"hiphopnrap" wrote in message
...-

hi
im new to the forum,and i have decided to post a question regarding a
plant that is in my garden,can anyone tell me
A..what plant/bush it is-

Variegated Weigela
-
B..can i cut it back/will it grow back-

Yes you can/yes it will.

thank you so much,i live in the uk,and no one could give me an
answer,you was spot on,can you tell me how much i can cut it back,sort
of new to doing things like this and i dont want to kill it,how much
will it grow in ayear,will it take awhile to get back to full height,

I've cut mine right to 4 inches above the ground. It still comes right
back. Think about what you are trying to accomplish. Do you want it
slightly smaller, or a lot smaller.

Normal pruning is to remove old growth and crossing branches.

They send out new growth that reaches about a meter in a year.

--
Dan Espen