Old 04-06-2011, 02:41 AM
Registered User

Default What Plant is this and can i cut it back

hi
im new to the forum,and i have decided to post a question regarding a plant that is in my garden,can anyone tell me
A..what plant/bush it is
B..can i cut it back/will it grow back

if there is anyone out there with the same bush/plant i would be happy for the information,and what to do about it,it flowers pink and white,but this year has flowered very early due to the hot april/may we have had

dave
Attached Thumbnails
What Plant is this and can i cut it back-photo.jpg   What Plant is this and can i cut it back-photo-2-.jpg   What Plant is this and can i cut it back-photo-1-.jpg
Old 04-06-2011, 05:41 AM posted to rec.gardens

"hiphopnrap" wrote in message

hi
im new to the forum,and i have decided to post a question regarding a
plant that is in my garden,can anyone tell me
A..what plant/bush it is

Variegated Weigela

B..can i cut it back/will it grow back

Yes you can/yes it will.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Registered User

thank you so much,i live in the uk,and no one could give me an answer,you was spot on,can you tell me how much i can cut it back,sort of new to doing things like this and i dont want to kill it,how much will it grow in ayear,will it take awhile to get back to full height,
Old 04-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphopnrap View Post
hi
im new to the forum,and i have decided to post a question regarding a plant that is in my garden,can anyone tell me
A..what plant/bush it is
B..can i cut it back/will it grow back

if there is anyone out there with the same bush/plant i would be happy for the information,and what to do about it,it flowers pink and white,but this year has flowered very early due to the hot april/may we have had

dave
Hi Dave, its a shrub called Weigela florida variegata, its very hardy and can be pruned after flowering and then current seasons growth may be trimmed again in August.
Lannerman