Old 06-06-2011, 02:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default help from anyone else with a scotts drop spreader

adampeacocke wrote:

I've recently bought a Scott's EverGreen drop spreader to fertilise my
lawn. There are 2 sets of numbers on the dial. I've looked through the
instructions but they don't seem to tell me what the numbers represent -
ounces per yard/metre etc. Can anyone enlighten me please before I
scorch my lawn?

Those numbers are not for specific quantities, they represent relative
rates, from less to more/low to high. I strongly recommend to ALWAYS
use a setting of about half that specified on the product (any
product). Actually drop spreaders suck, especially for newbies. You'd
be far better off with a broadcast spreader. Even the pros use
broadcast spreaders only. If you can exchange it I urge that you do.
For smaller areas hand-held broadcast spreaders work very well.