Old 08-06-2011, 02:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default moldy grass clippings..

coykiesaol wrote:
Hi all!
I was saving some grass clippings for mulch and discovered this
morning that they were very wet and moldy. (yes, lesson learned) I am
assuming that it is NOT a good idea to use moldy grass clippings for
mulch, right?

Why? If you put it on dry as soon as it gets wet it will go mouldy.

Also, do I put a nice thick layer of grass clipping mulch around my
red onion plants? wasn't sure about this.

Thanks!!

I mulch everything in sight