Old 08-06-2011, 08:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default Ants In Hummingbird Feeder

I have mine hanging from a double shepherds hook. My neighbor told me
that she smears some petroleum jelly on the pole and that seems to work
well for her. I just got two new feeders today called hummingnizer
feeders. They have a built in bug moat in the center. Twenty minutes
after hanging them, I looked over and low and behold there was a hummer
sitting on the built in perch feeding. Never thought they would attract
the birds that fast!

Rich