Old 08-06-2011, 10:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default plant/s just randomly fell over

zibafu wrote:
hey guys and girls, at christmas my gran gave me one of those monkey
nut tree growing kits. About... lets say two months ago since I cant
remember exactly, I planted them, and they have been doing quite well,
there were three seeds that I planted in the one pot so, three plants
have grown, all are about 70cm tall.

I came home from work today about 15 minutes ago and each one had
basically fell over like they have just give up. The stems don't
appear to be snapped, they are in a pot of sufficient size I would
say, just seems really bizarre that all three would just fall down
like they have.

This happened to anyone before, what usually causes this to happen ?

Atm I have propped them up with a wooden rod we had

I have no idea about getting monkey's nuts to stand up but a general answer
is:

1) too little water and dried out
2) too much water and got a root fungus.

David