Old 08-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered User

Default plant/s just randomly fell over

hey guys and girls, at christmas my gran gave me one of those monkey nut tree growing kits. About... lets say two months ago since I cant remember exactly, I planted them, and they have been doing quite well, there were three seeds that I planted in the one pot so, three plants have grown, all are about 70cm tall.

I came home from work today about 15 minutes ago and each one had basically fell over like they have just give up. The stems don't appear to be snapped, they are in a pot of sufficient size I would say, just seems really bizarre that all three would just fall down like they have.

This happened to anyone before, what usually causes this to happen ?

Atm I have propped them up with a wooden rod we had
Old 08-06-2011, 10:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

zibafu wrote:
hey guys and girls, at christmas my gran gave me one of those monkey
nut tree growing kits. About... lets say two months ago since I cant
remember exactly, I planted them, and they have been doing quite well,
there were three seeds that I planted in the one pot so, three plants
have grown, all are about 70cm tall.

I came home from work today about 15 minutes ago and each one had
basically fell over like they have just give up. The stems don't
appear to be snapped, they are in a pot of sufficient size I would
say, just seems really bizarre that all three would just fall down
like they have.

This happened to anyone before, what usually causes this to happen ?

Atm I have propped them up with a wooden rod we had

I have no idea about getting monkey's nuts to stand up but a general answer
is:

1) too little water and dried out
2) too much water and got a root fungus.

David

Old 09-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] View Post
zibafu wrote:
[...]

hmmm, I would say it's not one of them two possibilities, I water it every couple of days, and it seems quite healthy, I am starting to think maybe the leaves are to heavy for the stalks, and actually it was only 2 of the 3, my mother was the one who first discovered it and propped them up, but I just put in some bamboo canes to hold them up and the third one was fine, maintained its balance so to speak and it happens to be slightly smaller than the other two that fell with less leaves on it

[IMG] code is On

Toro Wheel Horse stops randomly in 3rd gear. Meatman Gardening 1 22-03-2008 12:31 PM
People will be beheaded on YouTube in the streets of Australia randomly this September 11th 207 BDK Ponds 0 21-09-2007 12:01 PM
Top of my plant 'fell off' vine weevils again? Amber United Kingdom 10 13-10-2005 02:48 PM
fish have died randomly nortyler Ponds 2 21-07-2005 06:37 PM
Lawn mower just fell in the pool... Bill Miracle Gardening 33 28-02-2004 06:33 AM