Old 10-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Drobium's Avatar
Drobium Drobium is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedworth ,Warwickshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vomog View Post
Hi there.
I'm growing Apricots from seed in France and now have 8 saplings about 2 ft high. They are very spindly and need support. Should I nip out the growing tip to encourage bushing?
I'm not entirely sure, but I do believe that they tend to be grafted onto sturdy rootstocks for that very reason.
You could nip out the top when they get another foot or two taller and then try to get it to a better shape.
But I'd avoid it ATM and just tie the plant up to a stake or cane for a while.
Yay! it's spring!