Old 10-06-2011, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
graham graham is offline

Default White flies and washing up liquid?

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
. fr...
The Palmolive brand washing up liquid was effective against the black fly
on the broad beans, one or two are appearing again now though so time for
a respray.

How about white fly? Some of young brassica plants are looking poorly and
investigation shows some of them have white fly underneath the leaves.
Will washing up liquid be effective against them too?

Do you rinse it off after, say, a couple of hours, after it has had time to
kill the bugs?
One of the gardening gurus on the radio here suggests that.
I have an infestation of aphids on my redcurrants and I will spray them this
w/e with soap, perhaps beefed up with a little pyrethrin.
Graham