Old 11-06-2011, 02:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
graham graham is offline

Default White flies and washing up liquid?

wrote in message
graham wrote:
I have an infestation of aphids on my redcurrants and I will spray them
this
w/e with soap, perhaps beefed up with a little pyrethrin.

I've never seen aphids on my redcurrants. Maybe there are just tastier
things for them to live on.

The problem with my recurrants is that I came back from a few days at my
parents and the bloody birds have stripped the lot. :'(

I've had them for several years now and the leaves curl and turn purple, but
don't die. The fruit hasn't set yet (Spring is really cool here and
everything is late).
Some years the birds take a % but don't completely strip the bushes.
Graham