Old 11-06-2011, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default molehills

"Dave Hill" wrote ..

"Bob Hobden" wrote:
"george [dicegeorge]" wrote ...

I have piles of thin earth from moles on my lawn.

Should I just kick them flat?
or remove them and use them elsewhere?
or what?

The old Head Gardeners used to use it for making potting compost. They
used
to send the young lads out to collect it.

I still do, after cooking it in a microwave to steralize it..
Remember the moles have taken it from under your lawn, it's a good
idea to save it for when the lawn sinks, you can cut the turf and put
the soil back where it came from

Under my cabbages etc in my case. Makes it difficult to walk on the plot
with the earth constantly giving way but at least they haven't gone straight
down a row of parsnips as they did last year damaging some of them.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden