Old 11-06-2011, 10:49 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening
Compo in Caithness Compo in Caithness is offline

Default What flower is this?

On Jun 11, 7:41*pm, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message , writes

lordshenlong writes:

need help identifying this mysterious flower planted by some squirrels

\snip\

It's not Spanish (or any other) bluebell. The other suggestion of an
orchid is correct. It's one of the difficult (to identify) spotted/marsh
orchid group (Dactylorhiza).

\snip\

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Agreed - I have them growing wild in my low maintenance garden
section. I don't think squirrels plant them though. They are spread
by seedfall and as far a as I know are symbiotic in that they need
certain species of grass to grow with.
Compo ion Caithness