Old 14-06-2011, 07:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
Chris[_14_] Chris[_14_] is offline

Default Garden journal software recommendation?

On Jun 12, 1:54*pm, Chris Nelson wrote:
I'm looking a program or site that will help me keep a garden
journal. *A wiki or blog tool almost works but
I want to be able to enter "The roses bloomed today" or "Planted
gladiolus" and later be able to ask the system "When do my roses
usually come up?" or "When did I last mulch" or "Do the lilies or the
peonies bloom first?" *Lotus Agenda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Lotus_Agenda) sort of worked that way. *It was a free-text personal
data mining tool that let you take random notes that it organized and/
or searched for you. *Short of something generic and really smart, it
seems I need something with assumptions about gardening built in. *I
looked in this group and it seems it hasn't been discussed in 10
years. *I found a bunch of things on the web but I don't want to waste
time trying losers. *Recommendations would be welcome.

Ummm.....ever think of a spiral-bound notebook?

Chris