Old 16-06-2011, 08:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Blooming apple trees

"sandra22" wrote ...

My apple trees are doing so well this spring! Can't wait for the apples

If you love the blossom and have room for another tree may I suggest the
Cooking apple "Arthur Turner", it's the only fruit tree that has even got a
RHS AGM for it's flowers, and the apples are superb baked.

For those elsewhere in the world, in the UK we grow apples specifically for
cooking, "Bramley Seedling" being the most well known. One problem is that
it is a triploid so needs two pollinators.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bramley_(apple)
--
Regards
Bob Hobden