Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
dpots

Default Brown Algae Control

Does anyone have any advice or suggestion on how to stop brown algae
from completely taking over my 60g plant tank? I have a DIY CO2
system, dense plant coverage consisting of several anubias species,
horwort, java moss, crypts, vals, hygrophilia, apongs, money wort, and
temple plants. All of the plants are growing great and have lots of
pearling during the day. I filter the aquarium with an Aguaclear 500
and run approximately 200 watts of light for about 10 hours. My tank
has been set up for about 2 months and recently it has been over run
with brown algae. The algae is on everything (plants, fluorite,
rocks, driftwood, and glass.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks