Old 17-06-2011, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default water feature

In message , zuhayr-123
writes

hi all,
im doing a bit of work in the garden now getting new stuff and what not
and i thought about a water feature in front of the window, then i
thought about making my own as a small project for pass time. iv'
researched it and basically know what im doing but the thing im stuck on
is what rock to use as part of the actuall fountain feature not the
rockery at the bottom.
can anyone advise me in what kind of rock to get and where would be the
best place to get it from that wouldn't be to expensive because if it
costs too much i might aswell just buy one from my local garden centre.
the only thing i can think of is slate but i dont know what shape size
weight etc to get,

A better idea of what exactly you are thinking of would help. When you
say 'rock for part of the fountain' what exactly are you thinking of. A
sketch might help. Do it with a drawing program, or with a pencil and
photo/scan it and upload to somewhere like tinypics if you don't ahve
somewhere online to post piccies

--
Chris French