Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Martin

Default Brown Algae Control

I just had exactly the same happen to me.....New tank, flourite and bogwood
covered soon after the plants went in.

I did not get to try all the variations (of light reduction, playing with my
CO2 or anything like that).

LeighMo suggested to me to try Otocinclus - I got 8 of them for my 66g tank
(thinking that one or two may die - but they didn't) - they turned it all
around in about 4-6 days. Now bogwood clean - glass clean - plants clean -
they even stop the debris collecting in my Eleocharis hairgrass. They are
about 1-1.5 inches long (full grown) and they dont look too bad either.

I like them lots...I would marry them if I could - lol.