Old 20-06-2011, 01:26 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Robert Hinsley View Post

Hibiscus syriacus are late into bloom but don't stop for a long time.
Just need a winter prune to keep in shape and can be kept quite small
or made into a hedge.
[/i][/color]
Lavetera 'Rosea' and 'Barnsley' come into flower at the start of July,
and I've seen them still flowering the following February. (Typically
they keep going until the frosts.)

Not all cultivars behave the same way - 'Bredon Springs' has a
relatively short flowering season.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Hardy geraniums have a long flowering season, as do nasturtiums - from us soon as you can get them to flower until they are cut down by frost.

But Stewarts post reminds me that winter flowering jasmine does pretty well ;-) - late October or early November through to April. Viburnum, bodnantense also flowers for a long time. ut neither of them around in the summer, of course.