Old 25-06-2011, 03:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Harvested first tomato- blah!

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 14:26:03 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson wrote:
Very disappointed. Harvested first tomato - ate it straight off the
vine. Blah taste, no zing. It's one of the ubiquitous tomato plants
sold in So. Calif. nurseries. I am notorious about not tagging plants
carefully, so I THINK it's Champion or maybe Better Boy or Celebrity.

In any case, it's doesn't have the sharp, acid taste I like in a
tomato.

Cut back on the water and fertilizer. Overwatered tomatoes taste blah.