Old 25-06-2011, 08:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Harvested first tomato- blah!

On Jun 24, 7:01*pm, Kay Lancaster wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 14:26:03 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson wrote:
Very disappointed. *Harvested first tomato - ate it straight off the
vine. *Blah taste, no zing. *It's one of the ubiquitous tomato plants
sold in So. Calif. nurseries. *I am notorious about not tagging plants
carefully, so I THINK it's Champion or maybe Better Boy or Celebrity.

In any case, it's doesn't have the sharp, acid taste I like in a
tomato.

Cut back on the water and fertilizer. *Overwatered tomatoes taste blah.

Thanks for suggestion, but really have not been overwatering, and
have applied zero fertilizer.
Will have to see how tomatoes from the other 3 vines taste before
drawing possibly erroneous conclusions.

HB