Old 27-06-2011, 10:13 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroleh View Post
The blueberry plant doesn't seem to have as much fruit this year, does it need feeding etc any suggestions please?

My grape vine came into flower, but the fruits seem to have dissapeared, here is a picture

http://i51.tinypic.com/34xerlu.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/34xerlu.jpg

Thanks!
Your grape flower photos are not sufficiently in focus for me to see anything.

There are so many things that can go wrong with grapes, even when grown in the south of France. Cold weather during flowering can result in poor fruit set.

I'm growing a grape variety specially selected for British-like climates, Phoenix, and its fruit set fine, flowered quite some time ago now.

Of course blueberries need feeding, like most things. They also like it soggily damp, and, at least in many parts of Britain, it was very dry during flowering period.