Old 27-06-2011, 07:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sweetheart sweetheart is offline

Default Mc Culloch lawn mower?

I have put this on DIY but obviously they are not gardeners as such.

I have had three lawn mowers bit the dust in the last month. My old Mount
field has sprung a leak on its petrol tank ( 15 years old , so I wont
grumble). I borrowed a cheap Champion from my mother and that has blown up
under the strain and my trusty 16 inch cut Trojan ( more than 20 years
old) is still going at it but bits fall off here and there because its
rusted out.

So I need a new ( and not to break the bank) one. It also needs to be light
enough for me to use ( I am not that strong, having had pneumonia and a weak
chest).
I have seen the
McCulloch M53-675CMDW 190cc B and S Engine 53cm Cut Petrol Self Propelled
Lawn Mower

Does anyone have one? Is it OK for a largish, not very even piece of grass
that passes for a lawn with trees and shrubs around it. ( about 1/3 of an
acre) £400 is my limit for this, so cant be too fancy and it has to be
available for someone who doesn't live near London or the home counties - so
on the internet. B&Q and such are not very helpful here because I have to
have a 53 cm cut ( experience tells me) minimum.

I could do with getting a gardener in but no one will touch it ( that tells
you a bit about the state of my situation outside my greenhouses , which are
operating.

Thanks for advice.